Friday, March 14, 2014

Relaxation...

A little farther way
Beckons the elusive relaxation
I'll reach you soon
Just one more chore
I'll finish and start.....
Relaxation listens and moves a little farther than that
Fold the cloths.
Do the dishes.
Tidy up kids room.
Vacuum the carpet.
Sweep the floor.
Just one more chore
I'm coming to you relaxation...
It seems to listen-
Ah the stove top.
Mop the floor.
Make the bed.
The bathroom?
Just one more chore.
Relaxation exasperated
Moves one step closer.
Oh no... not today...
I can't relax.
I am not completely done with my chore.
Its pickup time.
I'll pursue you tomorrow, relaxation.
Go relax.
Don't wait for me.
 

2 comments:

trueself said...

And then relaxation says:

Oh you poor girl!
Don't push me away.
Let me be the soothing music that you listen while folding those clothes.
Let me be the slow dance that you can do while mopping those floors.
Let me be those tiny hands of your children massaging you while you read them a story.
And let me be the one to wrap you in a blissful albeit short sleep knowing that you have done what you can in your day.
Just don't push me away and I will find my way.

Kavitha said...

That's lovely trueself!!! Thank you :)