Monday, June 8, 2009

A Daughter's Dilemma

Do thoughts travel faster than light? if yes, then mine are. oh yes, going back home...hey wait a minute...what did you think just now? Going back "home" eh? What do you mean? If you call the place you live home, then your home is right here, where you are sitting in front of the monitor and typing away to glory. Then what do you refer to as "home"? Well I meant going back to my parent's home - to kick back and relax after two grueling years of being a full time mom, student, working, getting laid off, making social calls, volunteering on and off at kid's school - not to mention the cooking, cleaning, trips to doctor appointments etc, I do think I am going to kick back and relax, during my vacation back home - there I go again, back at my parent's home.

So what am i expecting to do there in the two short months? I want to make my mom sit and cook for her, talk to her, most of all relate to her as any adult daughter would. Make her fell good. Will this happen? I don't know. In turn my mom might want to do all the pampering to me. I want to make my dad sit with me and enjoy the grandkids. I want my parents- in- law just to have a relaxed time with the kids and enjoy them as they are with no innuendos.

meanwhile I also should make sure the kids are healthy, safe etc. Want to do little shopping. Well the list goes on and on. Would I feel "home" the same way I did couple of years ago or am I going to miss my "home"?

2 comments:

Anjali said...

Can I tell you that I am feeling exactly the same way you are..Parents' home is our home too, a vacation home so to speak, go there , enjoy, relax, spend time with parents and then back to reality! OUR HOME!- in the US....
Have a safe trip...

Kavitha said...

:) Thanks a lot Anj. And wish you the same!