Friday, June 12, 2009

Kindergarten memories

My son brought a bound folder from his last day of school today. With his picture taken on the first day of school on the cover page, and cute, thought provoking projects he did in his school through out the year. As I was browsing through the book, I felt little tears welling up in the eye.

You know its not out of sadness or its not the feeling that he is growing up now what? - I cannot quiet place why, but it was like looking through this past school year since September. A chubby, bubbly, very unsure 5 year old, evolving into a tall, bony, active 6 year old. He looks so like a baby in the first photo and the last one, taken almost at the end of the year makes him look so grown up.

As i read through the things he had written - oh I am just unable to find right words to express the feelings gushing through. Some are downright funny - like the one "What would you do if you were the President of United States?" "I will fix all the holes on the road with tar so the cars can run" and about his field trip to the farm etc. His observation about the "stinky" goat did make me laugh out loud!

Its great his teacher took the extra time to collect photos from various school activities, collect worksheets from class, save them until the year end, get them bound for the kids...I am sure I'll save this Kindergarten Memories and share with my son when he is older, and has little time to share with mama.

No comments: