Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh Trichy...

The distinct sounds and smells of Trichy haven't changed a lot, though Trichy has. For 10 years in the prime of life, Trichy had been my place, in 7 of which I woke up and looked at the Malaikkottai, everyday - everyday in an academic year that was. Oh how I loved this city - that had transformed me into who I am today, had taught, polished, gave a best friend, nurtured and hurt me a little in the process too...

To have lived away from home, in an all girls school/women's college and hostel for 7 years was at once a boon nad a bane. I loved and hated the initial years, but started loving it completely as I grew older. It was 1997 I came out of that city once and for all, after completing my education. Now revisitng, kindles so many sparks of memory. Many small stores that were are huge shops today. the streets I scaled so timidly as a school girl, walked in as a college student are kind of daunting. The crowd is the same, the Superbazaar parking is the same. Missed going to Magna's audios...and Dosa corner....

Walking down the memory lane and actually doing it does have a charm.

3 comments:

Anjali said...

I felt just the same when I visited my uncle' place in Nasik. The place where I went every summer as a child, the place of my grandparents!

Poetry said...

Oh grandparents place.... there is no place like it.

Anjali said...

you bet!