Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Reading

Ah...the pleasures of rediscovering old favourites.... I'm back in India for vacation and have lots of time to read to my hearts content. Really. Started of with Ponniyin Selvan, Kaviri Maindan. And now revelling on my fav Richard Bach, Daphane DuMaurier, Mitchell's Gone with the Wind, Henry James and Virginia Woolf. I love reading and re reading. Sometimes a new concept surprises me from a book I'm reading for 10th or so time. Especially I am revelling in the un disturbed eloquence of my books. Though I crave, I'm out of touch with the current in Literature. Eventually I should get back in touch with the new. Books gives me a giddy timeless pleasure!

3 comments:

Its our space said...

There is nothing quite like it....enjoy!!!!

Kavitha said...

True!

Unknown said...

very very true