Tuesday, December 22, 2009

People

Well another random outburst from a personal experience. I, like many other consider my blog where I can unload my rubs with life's experiences and raw emotions.

People come in all colors, shapes and sizes. A line I read some where, may be in a book that I read to my children about the human diversity. Yep RIGHT! People do come in all shapes and sizes and mentalities.

Treat thy neighbor as yourself. Excuse me??? What are you talking about?? Why the hell should I treat my neighbor as I would treat myself? Its a free world, I can do whatever I want, what ever I like. I don't need to worry about how its affecting my neighbor! This is the new rule. you don't come preaching me goodness!!

I have lot of pet peeves when it comes to people. People who call you at odd hours to talk about their comfort and who do not even want to return a genuine call of distress or a problem - mind you a problem that bothers you and not them. People who shamelessly manipulate every other individuals with a serious self focus, cannot think about how it inconveniences the other person. People who always say they never have the kind of time to return calls. People who do not respond to emails. The kind that never feels sorry or say sorry for a mistake they commit, the kind that takes you for granted to suit their own purposes all the time, the list goes on with a few more kinds.

Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong with me, because I always return my calls, respond to emails and really follow up on issues people share with me. And someone important to me always tells me not to do all these. I respond with - well that is what I am. I like to respond to people's call or emails. But he says because you do that, people think you have nothing better to do. Is that right? I'm not sure.

2 comments:

Anjali said...

The world is a selfish place my friend and maybe people like you are to good to live in such a world.


How are you doing?

Kavitha said...

:)

Doing good Anj! Looking forward to our tea date!!