Friday, December 11, 2009

A Decade of Decline???

Surfing yahoo news article I had a glimpse of a headline - after 10 years they still cannot decide a name for this decade. It was just a passing, but as I hit the hay for the night - that one line robbed me of slumber for a good hour.

First of all - why should we name any decade?? Time passes. Every minute we live is gone. And what we do in that particular minute or year sometimes alter the whole world, environment to a great extent. So we can think about doing something worthwhile - simply like avoiding Styrofoams utensils, using less paper towels etc to protect the environment. May be using less energy by less web time?? Yeah I guess that counts in too!

If at all they - whoever they are - are still thinking about naming this decade - My humble suggestion - How about A DECADE OF DECLINE? I do have my reasons, valid ones that you all will agree.

In this past ten years, I am noticing the following increasingly declining:

Moral Values - in personal life & business.
Honesty - in general. What is once considered dis honest is now cloaked as business tactics.
Modesty- Slutty seems to be the new fashionable.
Privacy - I don't see any privacy in common communication. People tend to discuss every little personal detail in public forums.

Not to mention the economic woes, poverty, war, natural disasters and the crime rate increases. What do we have to be proud of in the larger sense to name this decade? So why not a decade of Decline?

No comments: