Friday, November 20, 2009

But once we live...

We know neither where we came from nor where we are headed, but we are here, now and that's only once. May be we can say our origin is our parents. But that scientifically explained fact is still a mystery to me.

Life cycle, highs and lows with all the ups and downs never fail to baffle me. People, Human being - I consider a wonderful creation of God or supreme being tend to deviate from being human many a times. From my perspective - based on the understanding of life - not hurting a fellow human being, with words or deeds - can give a general peace. Simple, isn't it?

But today's world seem to think otherwise. An unsuspecting teen who answer's the knock on the door is shot. Spouses cheat on each other. Moral values are so old fashioned. Everywhere the wanting for more is so much.

So how and what do we achieve in our journey to nowhere?? What are we accumulating through this journey? Literature has called life a drama - we're all but players. Excuse me as much as I love literature, I beg to differ. Life is a great journey - that starts from the separation in womb, goes through multiple layers of separations until one fine day we separate from this world to we don't know where.

So as we are very faimiliar with the shortness, suddenness and unexpectedness of our departure to nowhere - don't you think we all should be happy to have a life as long as it lasts and spread the happiness and goodness around? Instead of making our lives a living hell for ourselves and the world at large??

2 comments:

Anjali said...

Has anything happened that is bothering you?

Kavitha said...

And here I thought I'm very subtle!!! No really Anj. Its the things on news these days...