Friday, November 13, 2009

A situation

Should I call it delicate or tough??? Tell me someone!

We were taking a freeway from some exit today while driving back home. Out of no where my son made an inadvertent comment - this is the way we take to go home from my friend's place. Ah...we exchanged glances. Dad told the boy - you know they do not live there anymore. That ensued more questions. I determined to keep quiet for once.

Do they still live in this city? Why did they move out? Do they still live in California? Well I think its very hard to explain certain phases of life to very young children. Understanding separation, living with one parent and not getting to meet a friend - all these can add a lot of questions to inquisitive minds and may be a lot of fears even. So how to I tell my boy that his friend is in a particular phase in his parent's lives and that is why you don't get to meet him at all these days?

2 comments:

Anjali said...

it is both- delicate and tough! I can understand your predicament poetry, I have been through these moments myself with my boys...

Kavitha said...

Oh yes, he suddenly seems to be talking about this friend a lot. It also happens to be that little boy's Birthday month. So why we didn't call to wish etc...hard to explain to sensitive kids.