Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh the twist and turns...

Sometimes the twists and turns bewilder us beyond comprehension. When a simple logic goes berserk and metamorphoses into something else beyond compare what can you do? Just start blogging? Right. That's exactly what I am doing.

My good friend Sara(Saraswathy Kameswaran) did something great - she went on a self funded ski expedition to Both the South Pole and North Pole in 2007. The Poles skiing community knew she was the first Indian woman to do this amazing feet. But she did not get the recognition from neither the Indian government nor the media. thinking back now - though we contacted the media, we never contacted the political powerhouse to inform. Now the whole web is ablaze with the news about first Indian woman "preparing" to go to South Pole in 2010. How interestingly funny is it? What a great twist of facts? In spite of getting in touch with the news agency that is spreading the current news, and the person who is planning to guide this 2010 team, we did not hear from anybody about the 2007 achievement my friend did. I feel it is an in justice to my friend's achievement. I am now reaching out to the popular bloggers to write about Sara. But who knows if her achievement will be recognized?

Sometimes what we think is true turns out to be sadly not so. Sometimes we are so sure of the path that can take us to the destination we need to reach. Often times we are not even sure of the destination we want to go, how to select a path - so twisted with many darker turns??

Totally unconnected to Sara's achievement, I have this other thing that bothers me. Sometimes when I see people I know talk about separation, I am dumbfounded. I cannot think coherently. I believe marriage is a bond, sealed with love and trust. Also I believe is giving the spouse a space, with trust. The beauty, friendship, love and care - not to mention the little fights, that bind the marriage are irreplaceable.

How ever is it possible to live alone after growing to live together over the years? After sharing everything that we consider sacred, after trusting for so many years, the spouse becomes so much a part of our being isn't it? We even learn to talk, think and act like them in some ways. So when I hear the impossible - I get shocked. In any culture - when a man and woman come together under a sacred promise - does it not mean they go on forever? Is it that very hard to talk together and iron out the wrinkles? I am aware that no two individuals can live like "one". Its total myth. But I am sure the two individuals involved in a marriage - can mutually agree to disagree on the things they individually do not like?

No comments: