Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pooh bear and Eeyore

Just a little difference. Being happy or being sad. Pooh bear and Eeyore - both lived in the 100 acre woods. I had always liked the silly old yellow cuddly bear. And never had any sympathy for that so tired looking sad donkey :)

I just looked at the ever present silly old yellow cuddly Pooh bear in that corner. What a beautiful symbolic reminder of happiness it is. Never once had I thought pooh bear in association with more deeper meanings of life!

Life comes in the same package for everyone. Colorful, morbid, scary, dangerous, funny, foolish, silly - whatever. Its our reaction to the life. A friend motioned her chance encounter with her co worker. Her coworker always brought sunshine. And my friend had never had an opportunity to go beyond the casual "hi - bye". Yesterday, she had a little bit more time for chitchat. And found out the coworker has a born blind 13 year old child. She didn't complain about the child or God. She had accepted the fact as it is and living her life to the fullest. She is not sad, bitter and unhappy.

And here I am complaining and shouting at my blessings almost on an everyday basis. Why? Because I am looking at life from Eeyore's perspective. Looking for a happiness that is in my mind. Not looking at the happiness that is present- right in front of me!!!!! Oh the silly old pooh bear must have had a good laugh all these years.

Well this doesn't mean the reactions are going to be tailored and always pleasant and happy. But will definitely start trying!

2 comments:

trueself said...

What a wonderful analogy Kavitha! Comparing our perspective to life with that of Pooh and Eeyore is a great way for us to remember and also to teach our little ones. Thanks for yet another beautiful insight sweet heart!

Kavitha said...

Hey Harini - Thank you :) Your comments keep me going!!