Monday, January 30, 2012

Familiarity and Comfort

Are familiarity and comfort synonymous? To me they look like. I do like to venture in the unknown territory, and enjoy the sense of achievement after completing a challenging something. I love exploring the brand new, unlearned avenues of knowledge. I also find comfort in the familiar.

It is like - when I take off on a drive to a completely new destination - I do get excited.But I just don't start driving before doing some basic planning. Let me think a little bit more about it.

- Know the destination.
- Plan the route.Take GPS. Still check out the maps online before starting :)
- Plan buffer time for any unexpected delays.
- Make sure got enough gas in the tank.
- Other stuff to prepare kids, yourself etc are intuitive!


So I reach, and return. Happy, excited and satisfied. Yet, when I reach the freeway I know, the exit I need to take, a complete sense of safety washes over me. And that is why I think familiarity and comfort are synonymous. Though I would never want to be in a comfort zone for ever, I would want to return to the comfort zone and familiar settings to recharge and venture out more.

No comments: