Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Experiences...

Experiences enrich a person like nothing else.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason I am reminded of so many people - call it a walk down the memory lane or ghosts from the past. But I do want to thank so many people who had helped me to be what I am today. My interactions with them, their reactions, my happiness, pain and suffering through all these, has helped me evolve into a confident person and a successful professional.

In life, I had an opportunity to do what I chose to do, from childhood. Because I was given the opportunity to choose, I also had to fail in more than one occasion because I made the wrong choices. Wrong choices according to the 'normal' ambitious people. But because of the choices is only I am what I am today! The education and the situations...simply toughened me up!

I had the golden opportunity to work with extremely different personality types. Very simple, straight forward type, professional but unfriendly type, helpful, professional and "live and let live" types, extremely personable, friendly but not very professional type, very thorough, detail oriented but completely controlling type etc etc. Though many of the situations are not ideal for a work environment, each of the situations had helped me tremendously.

I have learned to be courteous, professional, detached and still friendly. My accountability and responsibility are polished. I have learned the dos and don'ts by living through the dos and don'ts.

Though I have had people to guide me through times when I needed advise, I had forgotten those exact words with which they guided me. But I do remember the situations when something happened in some way and I or some one else reacted in some way. Based on the reaction, I also remember how the focus shifted from one common goal to multiple micro objectives.

Thank you every one, for being in my life, shaping me and helping me think through and becoming a better person.

No comments: