Friday, May 25, 2012

Random kids stuff...

What seems an ordeal today may potentially become one of the most cherished memories as the kids grow into adulthood and cease to be kids anymore. The morning breakfast. Every morning. On the table, flanked between these two - only to avoid any big ruckus in the morning to beat the traffic with four different schedule....

The things they say, the things they fight for - my day is done at 8. The rest of the hours I just pull myself through with sheer will power. Yes, the constant hum of a chorus noise can make my chores a serious drudgery.

More recently its always the tooth affair. Older A lost the tooth before hitting the general bench mark of 6 yrs. Little A didn't yet. Though the permanent tooth are already in there, she feels God is totally completely unfair that the brother bear lost tooth earlier than her. And picks on him for it every single morning. OMG. Can't believe the things these kids say. Starting from you are bad, your school is bad...I am the best, my school is the best. Seriously who ever wanted to send these two to different school??? Not me :( but I am  the one that steps in to stop HWxxx (Home War - infinite) every morning.

You try to correct or discipline one of them...Then these two enemy territories join forces together and attacks you full head on. With all possible weapons - emotional, guilt trips and yes with whatever they can get hold of. Then it is " meanie mom, don't do that to my brother" "mom, she is only little don't be mad with her"...oh well I do enjoy these secretly. the attachment, love that runs underneath the sibling rivalry. Hope they stay that way forever.

One of these days, when they are out and about chasing life as we are doing now, i will be sitting and reminiscing over and cherishing these noisy morning break fasts, only in memories.

4 comments:

trueself said...

So beautifully written! Reminds me that I'm not all alone with these emotions and somehow that brings about a feeling of sisterhood.

Kavitha said...

Hey sister truself! You are never alone on parenting moments :)

Radha said...

Our time will come definitely, K. We will sit at the same dining table when they are rushing out to work and talk about our loose dentures and the bingo at the community center.

Poor big A. I can totally visualize him at the receiving end of all this....

Kavitha said...

R - Spoken like the true visionary you are...