Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Farewell...New beginnings...

Farewells are not my cup of tea. Especially when its my best friend or the best place or even old tattered, but my best loved bag. I also understand the concept of new Beginnings. If we want to have new beginnings, we must say bye to the old ones. Otherwise we are shutting ourselves our of the future. Still farewells hurt. We move forward with memories, lessons and of course more people/friends we made in our journey.

Last week was one such week filled with not one, but two painful farewells. I had to bid farewell to one of my best friends and something else I really loved. When I say I "really love" - I know it involves pain. For Love, we all know encompasses an element of pain.

One of my best friends made the big decision to move back to India for good. Going back to India is not very new...I have seem my other good friends move and felt exactly the same way as I did last week. But last week was exceptionally emotional because that was someone I really did not think will go back :( But the tides have changes and the time came for her family to leave. So we said fare thee well at the airport. Hope her new beginnings bring her joy and peace.

And then I bid another farewell, to my dear work. Well I do have some new beginnings to make soon and I am sure that will give me new experiences, new people and new paths. The road not taken is always exciting to explore. But this time I will explore it with caution and learn to maneuver with the experience I got from my previous journey.

More farewells and more new beginnings...and life continues.

No comments: