Monday, March 2, 2009

Medicine medicine everywhere...

Coleridge in his Ancient Mariner wrote "water water everywhere, not a drop to drink". For my family its been 'medicine medicine everywhere not a drop to miss' for the past ten days. I am so done with all the urgent care visits, doctor appointments, late night runs to pharmacy etc.

But this simple sufferings at home almost always brings back the fear of a profound. And of course all the thoughts about people in my life who suffered a lot. I wish God never created all these sickness in first place after all. One grandma suffered broken limbs and back until the last breath. Other grandma battled cancer until finally put to rest. A cousin eternally suffered - ( the family too) 'coz of unknown problems in her brain, and passed away way too early. What are the reasons for all their sufferings?

I have a read a lot about people going through living hell with pain, severe illnesses and a few other stuff I cannot bring myself to write about. But why? As we believe God is the creator, protector and destroyer of human kind - why go through sufferings in between?

2 comments:

Anjali said...

poetry, when I was driving the other day I noticed a wonderful sign post next to a church that read" god, where are you when I am hurting?" ..I was so touched by that and really pondered about this question. Indeed, where is god when someone is hurting??!!...Hmmmm, some food for thought!

trueself said...

Perhaps God is there to help us through the journey of suffering no matter what the outcome is. I agree that it is a very philosophical way of looking at things. Seek God not to alter the path that is already laid out for us but to face it with more confidence and emerge strong. A mountain ahead of you is intimidating until you learn how to climb and cross it.