Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cruel reality

I came to know this- I am at a loss- what to call this shocking, heartbreaking news? A friend of mine called me this morning - we speak after a long time, but you know sometimes you don't have to be talking everyday to keep up the friendship. She is such a person. I was very happy about the call but the magnanimity of the information she shared in a chocking tearful voice shattered my very being.

Her family - the couple, 2 boys and a girl are all going to attend a "celebration of life" of the older boy's friend (4th grader). What??? Celebration of life for the young child? We both cried. My thoughts wandered, oh my God the unimaginable, unbelievably cruel reality of life had touched upon the family of a fourth grader. That little boy - a student at Stratford, De Anza Campus, got a burst blood vessel in the brain and is not alive any more. A loss of a child - I had gone through a loss of an unborn child - if that was excruciating for me, to lose a child, a 9 year old, how would it be to the parents. God why do you do things like that? Why give and take at such tender age? Sometimes I cannot relate or come to terms with the reality of death. Why should it happen? Whats the equation that You use for all the births in the world? Now trying to rationalize the desperation that I once experienced, I can only pray to You God, again to give them the faith to come to terms with their loss.

4 comments:

Anjali said...

I remember my grandma having told me how she lost her 2 year old son. I was not a mother then when she told me this...Today, after becoming one I can absolutely imagine what this couple must be going through...I wudnt wish something like this even for my worst enemy...I prayed for them last night poetry, as mortals that is all we can do but prayer has tremendous strength..

Kavitha said...

Of course Anjali. Thank you for your prayers, every prayer sent above can bring them one step closer to peace.

trueself said...

I guess it is the worst kind of pain to experience. The loss of a child. Your very own fresh and blood and that too at such a young age. My prayers and thoughts go out to the family. I hope they find some closure as not only they have to find a way out of this but also explain this unexplainable to their other kids. How can you make sense of something to a sibling if a parent is still in shock? I hope they are surrounded by wonderful family and friends to lend them a shoulder and some time.

Anonymous said...

NEW POST ( RELATED POST )

NEW !! TOUR CHEAP TO BALI
NEW !! BALI HOLIDAY
NEW !! TRAVELLING CHEAP IN BALI
NEW !! BALI ADVENTURE TOUR
NEW !! BALI RAFTING
NEW !! CHEAP YOUR HOLIDAY
NEW !! BALI TOUR PACKAGE
NEW !! BALI TRANSPORT