Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little life...

Reading news paper everyday is a habit I grew up with ever since childhood. As a child and youngster I don't think I have ever worried about anything else except latest news, gossip and may be book reviews. Those days Hindu Sunday paper used to have a literary supplement or some such thing, Tuesday paper had a boxed column that teaches English expressions. Beyond that Young world puzzles and comic strips are all I can remember reading.

Now my relationship with Mercury News is little different. I do not know if I should attribute to age, maturity - I am well aware that age and maturity do not correspond with each other many times :), or a change in outlook on life. I do not miss Roadshow, action line and letters to the editor. Also, I do spend a little time of Obituary.

Call me weird or crazy I pause and read Obituaries in the West Valley section. There are always little write ups on the life stories of people. Most of them, from all walks of life, born from all parts of the world, had lived well. But today's Obituary shocked me well beyond compare. A little boy, Stephen, Nov 06 to May 09, Bless his soul, has passed away. His sweet sunny photo and the write up really was very moving. I tried to visualize the parents pain. Though we have an experience of a loss in the early days of marriage and in mid pregnancy, I cannot comprehend the pain. God Bless the parents.

No comments: